Friday, October 23, 2009

MSN EMAIL BEEN COMPROMISED? TRICK OR TREAT! BETTER CHECK THIS OUT!!!!

TRICK OR TREAT!!!Am using My Computer Works to help with any computer issues and they spent 70 minutes on my computer yesterday trying to remove all the email addresses that hacker put in when they sabotaged my account over Labor Day.  Turns out I had to call MSN support and have them go in and remove the addresses because they were on their Server and not actually in my address book where I could remove them.  I suggest checking your computer to see if yours has the same crap in it.  It's not supposed to be a danger but I don't like a bunch of weird email addresses that I can't take out...always afraid of some implanted virus that could explode at anytime....muy paranoid am I.  The scary thing about this is that when I am in MSN these addresses don't show up as they are not in my actual address book.  But, if I go out on 
Internet Explorer or Foxfire Mozilla, go into www.msn.com and go to send a new message they are in the online address book.  By typing the letter "a" into the "TO:" and then scrolling down all the a's I accidentally found all the hacker's addresses they used when they sent out their emails asking for money.  I went to the b's and did the same thing finding more.  I went down the whole alphabet and they stopped adding the emails when they got to K.  Anyway after talking to two MSN Tech Support people at midnight (had to insist on a supervisor...the first person didn't listen and kept giving me a canned pitch) I finally sent all the email addresses to butterflyhelp@hotmail.com(the guy's English was so terrible I had to ask him several times what he was saying...erggggggg. Try having a English as a second language person say Butterfly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment