Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Decade of Cheers, Fears and Tears

  
Recently on NPR’s Saturday Michael Feldman Show,  he had listeners call him with what they would name the past decade.  Very surprising to me was that no one really came up with anything clever---the best idea was the “Oops Decade”.  So I decided to have my own poll by posting this question on FaceBook, my Blog and sending an email to my friends.

Many responses later my cyberspace friends provided me with an assortment of very creative names that I think Mr. Feldman would be proud of…only one needed to be deleted.  Now you decide which one says it best for you:  Resetting the Three Rings, Internet Decade, Silver & Gold Decade, Disaster Decade, Deep Doo Doo Decade, 1920’s Revisited Techno Style, Implosion Decade, Riches to Rags Decade, Dollars to the Change We Can Believe in Decade, Then For Sale, Now Fore-Closure Decade, Politically Correct Road to Destruction Decade, The Decade of Disaster and Deceit, Decade at Bernie’s, Subprime Hangover Decade, Decade of Decay, Reset Decade, Accountability of our Leadership Decade, Work your buns off for Nothing Decade and The Decade of the Culma (something from the past that comes to a head).

The Decade of Cheers and Tears was meaningful to me based on the tears we have all shed for those lost on 911 and both in Iraq and Afghanistan.  Tears I shed for the loss of my parents and many of our dear Gold Canyon friends. Fears for the Trillions of Debt being passed on to our future generations.  Cheers for my Daughter’s marriage, the birth of four special grandchildren, a new home, recovery from two down stock markets and growing older without pain or medications.   Whadda ya think??

No comments:

Post a Comment